In this article, you will learn the best tips and tricks you should consider for your R&D tax credits.
– You should begin with checking how big or small your business is. This is because the size will determine what tax credit you are to qualify for.
– Do not neglect tax credits. If you have grant funding, there is a chance that it can affect your claim. The thing here is whether your grant contributes to your project. However, it will also depend on what kind of grant you have.
In case your grant doesn’t contribute, then it will not affect your claim.
– It is very important to know that there are tax credits that best suits your needs and there are those that don’t. It can be quite difficult at first. You have to understand that not all available is good for you.
You can speak with an expert to help you in this matter.
– The next thing you can do to make your tax credits claim profitable is to move around your losses. Once you surrender your losses, then you can expect in future to have greater return. To get through the process more smooth, you can ask help from a tax credits experts.
– The projects you are making the claim is also essential. Also, make sure that your technical narrative to submit will include all the necessary details.
– The technical narrative you write should be as impressive as possible. This is your very chance to show that you have conducted R&D that solves technical uncertainty.
Do not write a very long technical narrative. Writing a simple yet impressive one can go a very long way. You have to make sure that the HRMC will be able to understand what you are talking about. And, write every important details on it.
– The size of your claim should be balanced with your technical narrative. As mentioned, you don’t have to write a very long narrative as long as it includes the important details like how expensive, lengthy or complex the project is.
– The last thing that you should do is to carefully go through your claim before you file. It is very important that your CT600, tax computations and P&L match your computations. Be sure that all costs match with each other.
Now, with these tips above it will sure be easier for you to claim for your R&D tax credits.